2018 Ride Engine 12K Carbon Elite Harness
In it’s third year, The Ride Engine Carbon Elite harnesses are back with a vengeance.
In 2016 and 2017, Ride Engine set a new standard for premium harnesses.
For 2018, the Ride engine harnesses are re-engineered to handle the most riders can throw at them.
Brand new and more durable and reliable entry and exit system.
Brand new foam for a better fit.
Want a harness that fits like a glove?
The Ride Engines are worth every penny.
Premium materials and premium comfort blend in the Elite Series. The Kevlar/carbon construction of the Elite Series results in a super stiff, strong and durable harness that can’t really be compared to anything else on the market. If you’re someone who likes the best of the best, the Elite is the way to go.
SIZES: XS, S, M, L, XL
– ARMOR SHELL: Industry’s first hard shell harness, the Armor is light, strong and ergonomically contoured. Load is distributed seamlessly from the spreader bar to the armor shell, preventing harness from buckling or pinching.
– PRECISION FIT: Modeled from hundreds of custom body molds, the harness shell conforms to the contours of a rider’s back for a precision ergonomic fit.
– REMOVABLE HANDLE PASS LEASH: Harness comes with easily removable handle pass leash mount around the back for freestyle riders. Harness also has two front-mounted leash attachment points for use when handle pass leash is removed.
– LUMBAR LOCK: Harness conforms to lumbar, back and sides to lock securely in place. Harness won’t slide from side to side or ride up.
– NEW, FUSION FOAM: New and improved. Softer and more ergonomic foam core conforms to the shape of your torso for ultimate comfort and hold.
– NEW, SPEED LOCK CLOSURE SYSTEM: Completely redesigned for 2018, the Speed Lock closure system now features dual-zone webbing and a metal clasp to replace the single strap and PU tubing of our previous versions. This design prevents loosening as you ride, allows for easier tightening on the fly and lets you cinch the harness even tighter.
– INTERCHANGEABLE SPREADER BARS: Your harness. Your chooice. Choose between the classic performance of our fixed hook spreader bar or opt into the metal slider bar for the premium in hooked-in performance. (Spreader Bar Sold Separately)
Important note: Waist size is the measurement around the center of your waist at your belly button NOT your typical pant size. This is important for a proper fit.
Spreader bar options (Spreader Bar Sold Separately)
Sliding rope: For surfing, freeriding and general hooked-in riding, the sliding rope spreader bar will literally change your kiteboarding experience. Your chicken loop connects directly to the rope and slides freely across the entire length of the spreader bar. With a standard hook, your harness twists and pulls from different angles depending on your body and kite position. The sliding rope system allows you to rotate your body freely, independent of your kite position, which in turn allows you to keep your harness locked-in and low where it is meant to be.
Fixed Hook: For freestyle riders or those who want the ability to unhook, a standard fixed hook spreader bar is also available. Changing between the two options takes about one minute. Riders who use the hook have given rave reviews about the Armor Harness, mainly for the harness’s low-profile, high support advantages. It allows aggressive riders to hold down more kite, ride harder and move more freely than any other harness on the market.
Compatibility note: Ride Engine harnesses are intended to be used with Ride Engine spreader bars. Any modification, pairing with non-Ride Engine components or spreader bars or use outside of the product’s intended purpose is not recommended, may not be safe and will void the product’s warranty.