2018 Slingshot RPM
2018 Slingshot RPM…..A legendary kite for future legendary riders. RPM has often been copied, but never duplicated. Ride one to find out why.
Eight years ago, Tony and Youri Zoon locked themselves in the lab and made it their mission to stitch together all their favorite features into a single kite. When the smoke cleared the RPM emerged, and we had a whole new category of kite to introduce to the world.
There’s one kite in the world you want for any conditions. It’s the RPM. It’s a kite you can count when the wind gets gnarly. Imagine the perfect day. So perfect you decide to shoot off on a downwind adventure with your crew. Then the wind picks up halfway through, your kite is now oversized, and you’re white knuckled. Don’t sweat it, the RPM can handle it. Or say you’re just goofing off and your friends start betting beers for a jump-off, when the waves are overhead and peeling, when you’re in the middle of a kiteloop and when you’re bound and determined to take that next step in kiting.
- Eight years of annual innovations packed into one kite and backed up with more world championship than any other kite in history!
- Freestyle, waves, flat water, parks, boosting, loops, lessons, downwinders- this kite keeps delivering with good manners.
- Shock-absorbing IRS bridle stabilizes kite in the gusty wind
- Powerful and predictable pop, loops and “*carry”
- Bomber Slingshot construction. Forget about ripstop fabric; this kite is built not to rip. Period. The difference is huge!
*Carry is the secret sauce behind world championship level jumping. Here is the jump sequence for guys like Mario and Youri. Ride powered! Load and pop (as vertical as possible) If you’re watching them, this is when you notice the start of their trick sequence. If you’re watching the kite, you will notice it is like a boat delivering constant pull and a constant height. How a kite “carries” is based on how it delivers 5 key attributes. You want to feel a vertical pop, consistent height, clean pull, and drift so your tricks flow at a natural rate. Lastly; you want the kite to bring you down at the rate you want to stomp the trick. You don’t want to feel or see any dangle. The RPM invented this riding style because it delivers all 5 of those attributes perfectly!
- RPM kite
- RPM kite backpack
- Emergency bladder repair kit
- Quick-start guide