2019 Slingshot Alien Air 4’8″ – Deck Only
The 2019 Slingshot Alien Air
Compared to the Dwarfcraft board, the Alien Air is slightly longer (2″) and wider with more volume.
Advantages of the Alien air compared to the Dwarfcraft?
- The added length and width and volume makes it easier for heavier riders to get up on the board or for riders who are always riding in light winds to have enough board and volume to get up and ride.
- The fact that the board is NOT a lot longer still makes it nimble for more fun riding. A really LONG board will be sluggish when turning. Shorter boards are much more fun when turning and slashing.
- The added nose scoop helps to power through choppy waters with ease.
U.F.O.- UNDISPUTED FOILING ORIGINAL
More people have learned to foil with the Alien Air than any other craft in kiteboarding, and the beauty of this board is, they never want to give it up, no matter how good they get. All the features that make the Alien Air so user-friendly and forgiving also make it a timeless choice for playful tricks and transitions, jumping and expert-level freeriding. When we introduced the Alien Air to foiling, it was indeed an Unidentified Flying Object. People had never seen anything like it- short, wide, fat, concave with tons of front-end rocker and funky beveled edges. Today it goes by the same letters but a different acronym: Undisputed Foiling Original
- Proven all-around freeride foil board
- Thick profile and scooped nose = less pearling, less crashing
- Lots of room to walk around, great for transitions
- Easy low-end takeoff, easy touch-downs
- Beginner-friendly, featured in Slingshot Foil Academy
- Concave deck for agile handling
- Sliding mount track lets you set your mast where you want it
- Ride it strapless, with two or three straps or with foot hooks
- Durable bamboo laminate construction
ALIEN AIR BOARD, FOIL PEDESTAL MOUNTING HARDWARE
This is a proven all-around shape for versatile freeride performance. The board’s wide profile makes it stable and user-friendly, while a moderate concave creates agile turning as you put your weight out toward the edges. Two key features of the Alien Air are its thick profile and scooped nose. These combine for easy starts, slow takeoff speeds and, most importantly, the ability to touch down, bounce off the water and continue riding rather than nose diving and crashing. Slingshot’s signature sliding track system lets you adjust the position of the foil to fine-tune performance depending on rider ability and preference and the conditions.