Slingshot Phantasm 730 Surf Carbon – Complete foil with PFI 730cm wing
Before we get started.
Slingshot has been developing the Phantasm line of high end carbon foils for years and years. The wait was well worth it.
At the AWSI board sports expo in Hood River in Sept of 2021, the Phantasm line-up was voted the #1 new product by one of the major kite and wing magazines. It was a well deserved recognition.
The goal was to produce the best mast (stiff, fast and strong) on the market and provide a highly modular system with the best wings available that cover all the foiling disciplines. They did their due diligence and nailed it. Well done Slingshot.
The PFI 730 wing is an amazing wing with a lot more range and speed than riders would expect from a wing this size.
A sure winner for a lot of riders.
Here is what Slingshot has to say:
The results are in, the team has spoken – The Phantasm 730 Surf delivers a new level of rail to rail responsiveness, more controlled get-ins and wildly efficient pump-outs. The package comes with a 72cm mast made from super light, stiff and efficient high-modulus carbon. The 72cm mast keeps your wing in the power of the wave while the 710mm fuselage delivers unparalleled pumping and crisp, responsive flight height corrections while charging across faces. The PFI 730 wing is a polished, refined, and scaled down version of our most popular surf wing to date, the Infinity 76. Better pumping, less breaching, more control at speed and tighter radius carves, all while retaining that shaped-in downforce in the wingtips which will prevent you from over-foiling when the wave gets steep. The new PFI 730 front wing, combined with the efficiency of carbon delivers a surf setup that feels like an extension of the rider in every turn.
- 12k Dual Carbon Core Mast: Finally, high-performance stiffness built for high-performance riders. Our construction starts from the ground up, utilizing our proprietary dual molding process. Each mast is laid up to precise specifications with premium quality unidirectional and 12k super high modulus pre-preg carbon. Inside is a dual carbon core that ensures next-level stiffness in major, minor, and biaxial directions. Running length- wise between the dual core is a 10k Carbon I-beam that creates the third and final layer of rigidity and solidity.
- Bigfoot Connection: The Phantasm mast to foil connection is over 50% larger than our competitors, this increased size makes it the strongest and most robust in the industry.
- 7075 Aircraft Grade Fuselage: The Phantasm features a high-performance aircraft-grade aluminum alloy fuselage that has been shaped and designed to offer unmatched stiffness and strength.
- Shimless Carbon Stabilizer: No Shims & no extra parts = no problem. Shims are an inefficient way of altering your foil’s performance and cause unnecessary drag.
- PFI 730 Front Wing: The PFI 730 wing is a polished, refined, and scaled down version of our most popular surf wing to date, the Infinity 76. Better pumping, less breaching, more control at speed and tighter radius carves, all while retaining that shaped-in downforce in the wingtips which prevent you from over-foiling when the wave gets steep.
- PFI 730 front wing
- PS 400 stabilizer
- 710 fuselage
- 72cm carbon mast
- Neoprene wing covers
- Carrying case
- Complete Hardware Kit