Slingshot Phantasm Carbon – Complete foil with PFI 928cm wing
Before we get started.
Slingshot has been developing the Phantasm line of high end carbon foils for years and years. The wait was well worth it.
At the AWSI board sports expo in Hood River in Sept of 2021, the Phantasm line-up was voted the #1 new product by one of the major kite and wing magazines. It was a well deserved recognition.
The goal was to produce the best mast (stiff, fast and strong) on the market and provide a highly modular system with the best wings available that cover all the foiling disciplines. They did their due diligence and nailed it. Well done Slingshot.
Here is what Slingshot has to say:
The Phantasm PFI 928 front wing (2343 cm2 surface area) is a super early lifting, incredibly forgiving freeride foil with maximum light- wind versatility in a lightweight premium carbon construction. The package comes with the 72cm mast made from super light, stiff and efficient high-modulus carbon. The PFI 928 wing gets going in the lightest breeze and has the lowest stall speed of any wing in the Slingshot range, making it the easiest to ride and jibe. The 72cm mast makes this package the top choice for foilers riding in shallow water or those looking to progress quickly.
- 12K DUAL CARBON CORE MAST: Finally, high-performance stiffness built for high-performance riders. Our construction starts from the ground up, utilizing our proprietary dual molding process. Each mast is laid up to precise specifications with premium quality, unidirectional, 12K super-high modulus prepreg carbon. Inside is a dual-carbon core that ensures next-level stiffness in major, minor, and bi-axial directions. Running length- wise between the dual core is a 10K carbon I-beam that creates the third and final layer of rigidity and solidity.
- BIGFOOT CONNECTION: The Phantasm mast to foil connection is more than 50% larger than our competitors’—this increased size makes it the strongest and most robust in the industry.
- 7075 AIRCRAFT-GRADE FUSELAGE: The Phantasm features a high-performance aircraft-grade aluminum alloy fuselage that has been shaped and designed to offer unmatched stiffness and strength.
- SHIMLESS CARBON STABILIZER: No shims and no extra parts = no problem. Shims are an inefficient way of altering your foil’s performance and cause unnecessary drag.
- PFI 928 FRONT WING: With a surface area of 2343 cm2, PFI 928 front wing is a polished, refined, and scaled-down version of our popular Infinity 99 wing. With a much bigger sweet spot, featuring more efficient pumping, higher top speed and tighter radius carves, all while retaining that shaped-in down-force in the wingtips that prevent you from over-foiling at high speed. If you are looking for a big wing that gets going in the lightest breeze and is an efficient stable pumping machine that will help you progress quickly, you’ve found it.
- PFI 928 Front Wing
- PS 400 Stabilizer
- 710 Fuselage
- 72cm Carbon Mast
- Neoprene Wing Covers
- Carrying Case
- Complete Hardware Kit
There are no reviews yet.