OZONE R1 RACE SNOW AND FOIL BOARDING KITE – Special order only
This kite is packed full of high performance characteristics. It’s meant for high level riders, but others with good kiteflying skills can take advantage of these high speed, high upwind machines.
PACKED WITH STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY, THE NEW GENERATION OF ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE KITE IS HERE… THE R1. THE R1 WAS BORN THROUGH RADICAL DESIGN IDEAS DURING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHRONO.
Developed without compromise using proven Chrono technology, the R1 produces breath taking speed and performance. The ultra clean leading edge, smooth surfaces and number of cells give an insight into its capabilities. But it’s what you can’t see that makes this race focused kite so special, the feeling on the bar and the responsiveness of this high aspect wing is unique.
Our newly calculated sail tension brings a level of stability that surpasses every high performance kite we have ever produced by far. Combined with new diagonal ribs, a high aspect ratio planform, reduced cell width and a new high performance profile the boundaries of performance have been re-defined again. The R1 is truly a race pedigree performance kite that will inspire confidence to the rider while delivering outstanding racing performance on the water, land or snow.
The R1 is for advanced riders only who have previous foil kite experience. It is not difficult to fly but there are techniques required to fly a high aspect ratio foil kite.
The R1 will require maintenance just like any high performance equipment in racing sports, for example replacing tyres or piston rings on motorbikes. The Speed System and Bridle Lines must be checked after every 60 hours flying time, if they are worn or are not to factory specifications (+ or – 15mm) they must be replaced or the kite will not perform as designed.
- High cell count – The high number of cells in the R1 reduces ballooning between the cells holding the wing shape and surfaces smoother and cleaner. This creates a reduction in turbulent airflow, giving the R1 more speed and increased depower.
- Optimized leading edge air intakes – Precisely positioned intake valves along the LE lead to a stability increase and a more solid kite downwind. The inflation is also now easier and safer as the kite rapidly inflates.
- L.E profile reinforcements – The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow.
- Internal diagonals and straps – Internal span-wise straps work in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distributing load into and across the sail evenly and effectively. Together the diagonals and straps lower sail tension and increase the structural balance that helps control this high aspect ratio kite.
- High performance bridle lines – Using high performance thin Kevlar bridle line, the R1 flies faster, and so accelerates faster giving it higher performance, more range and more depower due to less drag.
- High performance materials – High-tenacity sail cloth with extremely low porosity values and an overall lightweight enable us to further stabilise the canopy and maximise fast flight characteristics.
- Velcro + water out channels – A 20mm internal channel is shaped into the end of the cells along the trailing edge to allow water run-out between the cells and out of the tips during flight. The Velcro dirt out channels can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any water, sand or dirt as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- High performance light weight canopy material
- Leading Edge profile plastic batten reinforcements
- Internal diagonals and strapping improve load distribution and durability
- High performance low-drag bridle lines
- Optimised Leading Edge air intake valves for fast inflation and no deflation
- Unique internal wing-tip drainage system to remove water while flying
- Double pulley speed-system, utilising the latest high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
- Velcro openings on last tip cell for easy wash out of debris and water
- Water proof deflation zipper on top centre cell for easy and fast deflation
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed
RELAUNCH AND RELEASE SYSTEM
The R1 is a closed cell foil and is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out.
The R1 features a simple yet effective front line flag out release. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines and your flying lines for twists before restart.
The R1 is not a wave kite and should not be used in waves.
There are no reviews yet.